By Amy K Butler
Preachers get the simplest of lectionary and topical sequence preaching with this complete handbook of sermon sequence principles according to the Revised universal Lectionary. Designed to border consecutive weeks of lectionary texts into seasonal and temporary sequence, a various team of twelve preachers define a number of thematic sequence plans for every lectionary yr. each one sequence plan presents a sequence evaluate, chart that outlines each one section of the sequence, suggestions and ideas, scriptural references, and a quick sermon starter. The sequence honors holy days and seasons and responds to normal styles of church attendance, maximizing customer retention and member engagement. Pastors can honor their dedication to lectionary preaching whereas making the most of the advantages sequence preaching can supply with this really special resource.
- Theresa Cho, Pastor of St. John's Presbyterian Church, San Francisco, California
- Bob Dannals, Rector of St. Michael's and All Angels Episcopal Church, Dallas, Texas
- Magrey R. DeVega, Pastor of Hyde Park United Methodist Church, Tampa, Florida
- Brian Erickson, Pastor of Trinity United Methodist Church, Birmingham, Alabama
- Mihee Kim-Kort, Presbyterian Minister and Campus Ministry chief at college of Indiana, Bloomington, Indiana
- Jessica LaGrone, Dean of Chapel at Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, Kentucky
- Cleophus J. LaRue, Professor of Homiletics, Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, New Jersey
- Jacqueline J. Lewis, Senior Minister, center Collegiate Church, big apple urban, New York
- Katherine Willis Pershey, Pastor of First Congregational Church, Western Springs, Illinois
- Paul Rock, Pastor of moment Presbyterian Church, Kansas urban, Kansas
- Martin Thielen, Pastor of First United Methodist Church, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Winnie Varghese, Priest and Director of group Outreach at Trinity Wall road, big apple, New York
Read or Download A Preacher's Guide to Lectionary Sermon Series: Thematic Plans for Years A, B, and C PDF
Best clergy books
Preacher and instructor David Mosser deals sensible and non secular tips for pastors suffering to control and reply to alterations within the financial system, alterations of their neighborhoods, of their denominations, within the congregation, in tradition, and the existence adjustments found in each parishioner's existence. clever phrases from authors similar to Alyce McKenzie, David Buttrick, Joanna Adams, and Thomas lengthy all give a contribution to this so much well timed and beneficial publication.
The lectionary is a important homiletical instrument. yet there are occasions whilst lectionary preaching doesn't meet a congregation’s wishes. Sermon Treks bargains preachers and scholars an invigorating collection of new sermon-planning trails, to be used as sermon sequence or for unmarried sermons. the choices provided listed below are sensible and theologically in charge.
Preachers get the simplest of lectionary and topical sequence preaching with this finished guide of sermon sequence principles in response to the Revised universal Lectionary. Designed to border consecutive weeks of lectionary texts into seasonal and temporary sequence, a various staff of twelve preachers define a number of thematic sequence plans for every lectionary yr.
AS A DISCIPLE OF CHRIST referred to as to the vocation of a catechetical chief, you're chargeable for coordinating your community’s attempt to shape disciples of Christ. yet prior to you could specialize in what you must understand and what you want to DO to achieve success during this function, it truly is crucial that you just specialize in who you should be as a pace-setter.
Extra resources for A Preacher's Guide to Lectionary Sermon Series: Thematic Plans for Years A, B, and C
A Preacher's Guide to Lectionary Sermon Series: Thematic Plans for Years A, B, and C by Amy K Butler